- Sentinel Vision closed on a Series B round of financing in December. Labrador Ventures and Compass Ventures participated in the new round of financing.
- Everyone.net completed a new round of financing in December 2003.
- Soligence completed a second tranche of its Series A financing in December 2003.
- Proficient Systems announced on December 17, 2003 that it completed a $5 million round of financing. All of Proficient's institutional investors including GIMV, Kinetic Ventures, Fuqua Ventures, and Labrador Ventures, along with Chairman and CEO, Gregg Freishtat, participated in the round. The new capital will be used to expand Proficient's sales and marketing to accelerate its penetration of the financial services market with its new 3.0 release of the ProficientSales Server.
- Everyone.net announced two new significant contracts for it’s email services.
- NextHop executives spoke at the Next Generation Networks conference in Boston on November 3-7, 2003 where they outlined key issues for next generation IP (Internet protocol) routing. Ed Cluss, NextHop President & CEO, discussed NextHop's vision of carrier grade IP routing including virtual routing environments (VRE). Sue Hares, NextHop founder and CTO, discussed Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) - now and the next generation.
- Aperto Networks also spoke at the Next Generation Networks conference in Boston. The Aperto presentation was titled "Wireless MANs (WiMAX) for Multiple Services in Next Generation Networks."
- Aperto Networks announced on November 4, 2003 that it signed an agreement with Intel Corporation to develop WiMAX-certified broadband wireless access systems.
- Labrador's Larry Kubal was a panelist on a Software Sector Outlook session at the 2003 VentureOne / Ernst & Young Growth & Innovation Conference on November 4.
- Labrador’s Larry Kubal was a judge at Silicon Valley Bank's Northern California Showcase on October 1, 2003 with partners from: Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Sequoia and Worldview.
- Bank of America announced on September 18, 2003 that it licensed Proficient Systems' technology to provide proactive, real-time, interactive customer support to mortgage applicants who need assistance while shopping online. Bank of America is one of the nation's leading home loan and mortgage providers.
- Silicon Valley Biz Ink featured a story on Sue Hares, one of the world's foremost experts in routing technology and the Founder and CTO of NextHop, in the September 5, 2003 issue.
- Soligence announced on August 12, 2003 that it closed a $1,200,000 Series A financing from Labrador Ventures and private investors. The new financing allows Soligence to accelerate its development and secure its position as the leading provider of planning solutions for remote-sensing satellites. Stories appeared in Venture Wire and Private Equity Week.
- Labrador's Larry Kubal was selected as an Advisory Board member for the 2003 VentureOne and Ernst & Young Growth & Innovation Conference on November 4-5 in Burlingame, CA.
- Labrador’s Larry Kubal was quoted in the Los Angeles Times on the state of the venture capital industry on July 13, 2003.
- Aperto Networks announced on July 7, 2003 that Maui Sky Fiber is deploying Aperto's PacketWave to launch business-grade wireless connectivity on the island of Hawaii. Aperto's 802.16a-Class solution is uniquely positioned as the onlyBusiness-grade product in the 2.5 GHz (MMDS) band.
- Visto entered into a strategic partnership with PalmSource, to develop a default wireless e-mail client for the Palm OS platform.
- Labrador's Larry Kubal was a panelist on a session titled "Successful Venture Capital Fundraising by Entrepreneurs in the Current Environment" on Thursday, June 26 at the Golden Capital Network - East Bay Conference.
- Greenborder's Vice President of Sales, Tom Spadafore, participated on a panel at PricewaterhouseCooper's Annual Private CEO conference on June 10 in San Francisco.
- Aperto Networks was invited to speak along side Motorola at Supercomm 2003 in Atlanta, Georgia on June 2, 2003.
- Jareva's former CEO and Chairman was featured in a special Right-Hand Partner's profile on Wednesday, May 14, 2003 for his role in building Jareva Technologies and selling the company to VERITAS Software for $62 million.
- Aperto Networks announced a partnership with top system integrators to address markets in Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States Countries.
- Aperto Networks and TowerStream demonstrated their technologies at "Wireless Innovations: New Technologies and the Evolving Policies" on May 12-13, 2003 at the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Aperto Networks announced that it sees WiMAX Forum as a key catalyst for rapid market adoption and affordability of broadband wireless access.
- Labrador's Larry Kubal was quoted in a story on enterpreneurship in the March issue of The Investment and Philanthropy Journal.
- Labrador's Stuart Davidson was profiled in RightHandPartners online newsletter on March 26, 2002.
- Aperto Networks' CEO Reza Ahy spoke on March 13, 2003 at Agilent Technologies' executive seminar entitled “Staying on the Fast-track with Your New Venture.” Reza presentation was titled, "Broadband Wireless Access: The Global Gem."
- Labrador's Stuart Davidson was a judge at the National Social Venture Competition on Friday, March 14, 2003 at the Haas School of Business. The competition attracted MBAs from 36 top business schools.
- CRM Today reported on March 14 that Yubé, a provider of software for web-based customer services, is expanding its service offerings to include outsourcing and launched a customer center in Bangladesh to support this expansion.
- Labrador's Larry Kubal was a panelist at a session titled 'The Valuation Game: How Investors and CEO's are Deciding What Companies Are Worth' at the VentureOne Summit on March 19th, 2003 in San Francisco.
- Labrador's Larry Kubal was the featured venture capitalist at the SVASE's (Silicon Valley Association of Startup Entrepreneurs) VC Breakfast Club Series on February 27, 2003. The VC Breakfast Club provides an intimate setting for entrepreneurs to receive mentoring and funding development from leading VCs.
- Labrador's Larry Kubal was profiled in Venture Reporter's February 2003 issue.
- Labrador's Nina Labatt was featured in the San Jose Mercury News "People on the Move" section on February 18, 2003.
- Labrador's Stuart Davidson was a panelist at the "Emerging Technologies" session at the Golden Capital Network Annual VC Conference in Sacramento on February 11, 2003.
- Labrador's Sean Foote was selectd as a instructor for a course titled "Introduction to Venture Capital Investing" at the Berkeley/Columbia Executive MBA program.
What's New Archive 2008
What's New Archive 2007
What's New Archive 2006
What's New Archive 2005
What's New Archive 2004
What's New Archive 2002
What's New Archive 2001
What's New Archive 2000
What's New Archive 1999