- Kargo's Harry Kargman participated in a roundtable discussion on key issues facing the wireless industry. The discussion was led by Silicon Alley Reporter editor Jason McCabe Calacanis and Pervasive Weekly editor Stacy Cowley. A transcript of the discussion appeared on December 14 in Pervasive Weekly.com.
- "MaketheMove links up with Monster.com's new service--monstermoving.com--to offer free relocating services." Story in Denver's Rocky Mountain News on December 9.
- Atesto Technologies added Stanford Professor, Rajeev Motwani, and iSyndicate CEO, Joel Maske, to the company's board of directors. Story reported in the December 5, VentureWire.
- Labrador Ventures hosted the Forum for Women Entrepreneurs' December Venture Capital briefing. Ten early-stage entrepreneurs seeking funding were selected to present a 2 minute "Elevator Pitch" to Labrador's partners and received feedback on their presentations.
- "United Messaging closed a $70 million third round of financing." Story in Red Herring and VentureWire on November 29.
- "Wireless Firm Kargo Gets $1.5 Million in First Round Funding." Story in VentureWire on November 10, 2000.
- Labrador's Larry Kubal spoke at the VentureOne Premier Conference for the nations top seed stage companies in San Jose on November 7th. The panel was titled, "Hot Business Models That Attract Investment."
- Venture Capital Journal's November issue features a story on Avienda -- the first to provide solutions for one-to-one communications.
- Labrador's Larry Kubal is quoted in The California Aggie Online regarding UC Davis Graduate School of Management's Big Bang! Business Plan Competition and how the market's fluctuation "actually filters up the best ideas."
- Labrador's Sean Foote spoke on a Venture Capital panel at the East Bay Golden State Venture Capital Conference.
- Labrador's Sean Foote spoke with ON24 on topic titled "The Current State of the Venture Capital World."
- Labrador's Stuart Davidson is quoted in a Wall Street Journal article on philanthropy in the high-tech world titled "Charities School New Plutocrats In Art of Giving."
- Atesto launches first automated web testing service at ASP World Conference in San Jose, CA.
- Labrador's Sean Foote spoke on a panel at the BayStart Conference in San Francisco, CA on October 3rd. The panel was titled, "Survival of the Fittest: Making it Through the Ups and Downs."
- Messagebay announced that Egghead.com, a leading Internet technology retailer, will use Messagebay's latest java solutions to audio-enable its banner ads.
- iSyndicate and global media corporation Bertelsmann announced a joint venture to provide content syndication services and technology to Europe.
- Red Herring on-line reports that GetRelevant is seeking an $8 Million Series C round to expand it's distribution network.
- Red Herring on-line reports that Yube is seeking to raise $5 Million in additional funding for their next level of growth.
- Labrador's Stuart Davidson discusses the current venture capital climate in Peter Delevett's San Jose Mercury News column.
- J2 Global Communications in now voice-enabled by MessageBay. MessageBay Provides Web-based recording capabilities for J2's 1.3 Million Members.
- GetRelevant achieves top position on PC DataOnline's Fastest Growing Web Sites list for the week of August 12, 2000.
- Wells Fargo partners with PointSpeed to become the first bank to launch fully integrated online purchasing for small businesses.
- GetRelevant's innovative business model generates increasing coverage from leading financial and industry analysts, including reports by Forrester, Robertson Stephens and Merrill Lynch.
- Talarian/GlobalCast Communications (Nasdaq: TALR) goes public with a successful IPO raising $67.2 Million.
- Media Matrix ranks MyPoints.com the Web's No.1 Incentive site and No. 3 most popular retail site overall.
- HomePortfolio.com and MTV's "The Real World" Link up to create the coolest house in Sizzling New Orleans.
- Labrador leads a $3 Million early stage financing of Atesto Technologies, Inc. with a $2 Million investment.
- Avienda, Inc. raises $22 Million.
- Labrador leads a $5 Million early stage financing of EZBoard, Inc. which included investment from Scripps Ventures and Staenberg Private Equity.
- Labrador Participates in a $16 Million early stage financing of Teraburst Networks, Inc. along with Crest Communications Partners and Merrill Lynch.
- Labrador Managing Director, Larry Kubal, is panelist for Rockie's Venture Club's 12th Annual Capital Conference in Denver.
- Sonic Innovations (SNCI) goes public with a successful IPO.
- Labrador Director Sean Foote contributes to University of Michigan business plan class.
- iSyndicate Receives $55 Million in Mezzanine Funds from strategic investors including NBC, TimeWarner and Microsoft.
- ezboard tops 1 million unique users and 100 million page views for April 2000 and was ranked in top 100 web sites by PC Data Online Reports.
- Labrador leads a $5 Million financing of Everyone.Net, Inc.
- Labrador leads the Series A Preferred Financing of Yube, Inc. with a $2 Million investment.
- GetRelevant Raises $4 Million
Series B Financing led by Labrador Ventures.
What's New Archive 2008
What's New Archive 2007
What's New Archive 2006
What's New Archive 2005
What's New Archive 2004
What's New Archive 2003
What's New Archive 2002
What's New Archive 2001
What's New Archive 1999