- Labrador's Stuart Davidson spoke at the Forum for Women Entrepreneurs'
December CEO Roundtable.
- Labrador's Sean Foote was quoted in a December 17th New York Times
article titled "Tech Investors Cautiously Return."
- Silverpop Systems launched
"Silverpop Dynamic Messaging 2.0," a software that brings
sophisticated e-mail marketing capabilities in-house and helps enterprises
build customer relationships.
- Teraburst Networks named Claude
Sandroff Vice President of Corporate Strategy on December 3.
- Silverpop Systems announced a new program on December 5 with advertising,
interactive and direct marketing agencies as preferred partners to the
company's line of sophisticated e-mail marketing software.
- Yube won the ASPire award in the customer service satisfaction category.
The award honors best practices in the application service provider
- MakeTheMove, the leading
call center and online company targeting customers who are moving and
the utility companies who serve them, announced on December 4 the 18-month
- Labrador's Larry Kubal moderated a panel discussion with venture capitalists
titled "Internet Software and Services" at the VentureOne
State of the Market: Series B Conference on November 13.
- Jareva and Yube presented to a group of venture capitalists at the
VentureOne State of the Market: Series B Conference on November 13.
- Yube announced the availability
of RMA applications and other new enhancements to its customer-facing
applications suite for post-sales services automation on November 12.
- Labrador's Sean Foote participated in Stanford's Graduate School of
Business Entrepreneurship Roundtable on November 8th.
- Labrador's Larry Kubal was quoted in a November 8th USA Today story
on Silicon Valley stating, "Innovation is just happening at a more
sustainable rate among stronger firms."
- Labrador's Sean Foote participated in the Haas School of Business
5th Annual Venture Capital Roundtable on November 5.
- Labrador's California office moved on Monday, October 15th. Labrador
is now located at 101 University Avenue in Palo Alto.
- MakeTheMove is expanding its online relocation services to Atlanta
and San Francisco and will add senior-level business development staff
to expand its partnerships, reported VentureWire on September 20, 2001.
- Everyone.net named Thomas C.
Marcus as the company's new president and CEO. Mr. Marcus, formerly
chief operating officer of the Valent Group and an executive vice president
at Flycast Communications, is replacing Kenneth Chan. Story appeared
in September 19, 2001 VentureWire.
- Labrador's Kelly Crawford Friendly spoke at the StartUps Early Stage
Event for Bay Area entrepreneurs on September 13, 2001.
- Predictive Systems, a leading network infrastructure and information
security consulting firm, announced on August 29, 2001 that it has completed
a detailed network and process validation for Silverpop Systems.
- MaketheMove's partnership with Tucson Electric Power to offer customers
connecting or disconnecting service to simultaneously sign up for other
local services in new towns is featured as a great way to build loyalty
in "Fortnightly's Energy Customer Management" Summer 2001
- "Yube Unveils Simple Web Sign-On," stories on the new product
featured in InfoWorld and Internet.com on August 10, 2001.
- Bizfinity introduced a new 'revenue suite' for small and medium businesses
on August 8, 2001. Products range from easy-to-use, multi-page Web site
creator to a comprehensive, integrated suite of applications that enables
businesses to manage their online and offline commerce and customer
relationship management functions while synchronizing those functions
with traditional back office activities.
- YellowBrix, Inc. announced on August 2, 2001 that it has received
approval for the purchase of iSyndicate.
The closing of the transaction is scheduled for Friday, August 3.
- MakeTheMove announced on
August 2, 2001 that it has offered to purchase Delaware-based Connectiv's
VitalHomeServices.com unit for an undisclosed amount.
- ezboard's new Community-Supported Communities program was featured
in the RedHerring on July 31, 2001. The article stated, "ezboard's
model exemplifies that businesses can extract revenue from communities."
- "Yube Opens North Carolina
Office, Chip Stephenson to Oversee," story in VentureWirePeople
on Thursday, July 12th.
- Labrador's Larry Kubal spoke on a panel, "You've Got VC Funding,
So What's Next," at the San Jose Golden State Venture Capital Conference
on July 19, 2001.
- On July 3, ezboard unveiled ezSkins
which will allow communities to redesign the structure, look and feel
of their online communities to achieve virtually any site design, without
extensive programming knowledge, and in a fully hosted environment.
The ezSkins technology is available to all participating members of
the Community-Supported Communities(TM) programs.
- JumpHome.com announced on June 27 that it will begin using MakeTheMove.com's
Utility Connect application in an effort to expand utility and home
connections services for its growing customer base.
- Labrador's Sean Foote was a panelist at the Stencil Group's forum
on "Venture Strategies for the Business Internet" held at
the San Francisco Commonwealth Club on June 27th.
- Jareva Technologies announced
Gary Angel as its new vice president of sales on June 12.
- "YellowBrix signs agreement to acquire iSyndicate." On June
18, 2001, YellowBrix, Inc., the industry's leading provider of content
infrastructure solutions, announced it has entered into an asset purchase
agreement to acquire iSyndicate,
Inc. The combined company will be the dominant provider of information
solutions and contextual content services with more than 400 customers,
over 300,000 affiliates and over 100 strategic alliances and technology
CEO Jagadish Bandhole was featured in an article in the WallStreetReporter.com
on June 4, 2001.
- "Yube Gains Market Momentum with New Customer Wins." Yube
announced several new customer wins as it continues to help companies
reduce service costs and get on the fast track to customer retention.
- "Startup tackles data center provisioning and management."
InfoWorld's June 4 issue reports that "Jareva is launching a suite
of applications designed to give service providers and enterprises the
ability to automate their data center processes. The goal is to cut
labor costs and to provision services more quickly."
- Jareva Technologies launched on
June 4, 2001 with the unveiling of the world's first extensible data
center operating environment designed to save enterprises and service
providers millions in operations and labor costs.
- Message Bay announced the
launch of a new online software store on June 7th featuring interactive
products that enable users to add voice, video, and animated content
to sites instantly.
- "Yube Offers CRM Functionality without Fluff," story on
Yube's CRM offerings in The Online Reporter June 4-8 issue.
- Labrador's Sean Foote and GetRelevant's Mitchel Harad appeared on
Janice Festa's show "Successful companies and their VC's"
on Business Radio 1220 on Tuesday, June 5th.
- "Cost Efficient Customer Services Solution Draws Praise,"
story on Yube's CRM offerings in Tech Finance News on June 4, 2001.
- ezboard Ranked in Top 100 Sites Worldwide.
ezboard's 10.9 million domestic and international unique users represent
a 65% increase in activity from December 2000 and rank ezboard in the
top 100 websites worldwide according to netScore.
- "Yube Reinvents Online Customer Services With New e-Services
Suite of Applications." Yube Inc.,
provider of new-generation software for end-to-end Web-based customer
services, has delivered a radically different alternative to traditional
customer services solutions.
- OpenGrid launched mobilePlanIt,
a service for wireless messaging and information distribution by sponsors
and exhibitors at meetings and confernces, at the annual VORTEX event
on May 22.
- Teraburst Networks came out of stealth mode on May 22 and unveiled
its breakthrough optical core switching solutions. Several articles
feature the companies new products: http://www.teraburst.com/news/index.html
- Yube Announces $2 Million Series
B Funding from Labrador Ventures, stories appeared in the RedHerring
and VentureWire on May 17.
- "OpenGrid Offers Hotel
brand Free Presence on the Wireless Internet," May 14 Press release
announcing OpenGrid's new offer to launch a wireless presence for hotel
- "Labrador Capitalizing on Early-Stage Deals," story appeared
in the may 16th VentureWire
on Labrador Ventures minding the early-stage funding gap between angel
investors and larger VCs
- Bizfinity celebrated Small
Business Week by releasing a new brochure entitled "How to Move
Your Business Online: A Step-by-Step Guide."
- Do You Have
What It Takes To Make It As An Entrepreneur? Labrador's Sean Foote
appeared on Yahoo Finance Vision on April 17. Foote noted that early/seed-stage
funds have outperformed other fund classes this year and discussed the
three best business plans he has seen in the last month.
- Labrador's Sean Foote is featured in an article on the venture capital
industry in the April 15, 2001 issue of Red
Herring. The article focuses on Foote's work with his portfolio
companies, the venture capital industry as a whole, the new fund Labrador
is raising and some of Labrador's home runs and strike outs.
- Labrador's Sean Foote is quoted in an April 10, 2001 San
Francisco Chronicle article on the "Sharp Drop in Venture Returns."
Foote cautions against paying too much attention to just one quarter
and says, "Most funds are 10 year funds, so one quarter doesn't
matter so much in the long term."
- Labrador's Larry Kubal is quoted in a new book titled, Inside Secrets
to Venture Capital. Kubal gives advice on what entrepreneurs don't
understand about raising capital.
- Labrador's Stuart Davidson participated at the StartEmUp
Conference on April 12, 2001 for college and graduate student entrepreneurs
and faculty in the University of California school system.
- Labrador's Stuart Davidson judged the Haas Business Plan Competition
on April 12, 2001.
- "United Messaging wants to make checking e-mail as dependable
as flicking on a light switch," story featured in the February
- Labrador's Sean Foote spoke at the Digital
Coast Venture Capital Summit on March 28, 2001 in Santa Monica.
He discussed the early stage funding climate for entrepreneurs and investors
and responded to questions from the audience.
- Jareva Technologies closed a $9
Million Series B Financing, led by labrador Ventures and Crest Communications
Holdings. Labrador's Sean Foote was appointed to the board. Reported
in Venture Wire, VC Buzz and RedHerring.com on March 20, 2001.
- Labrador's Stuart Davidson spoke to a group of business development
professionals at the Internet Business Development Forum's "Report
Card on Business Developments" event on Tuesday, March 13, 2001.
- Labrador's Larry Kubal spoke on a panel titled "Building Value
in a Closed IPO Market: Sorting Through Strategic Options" at the
Venture One Summit on March
Don't Give Up Hope." Labrador's Sean Foote appeared on Yahoo
Finance Vision on March 13 to discuss early stage venture capital investing.
- GetRelevant closes it third
round of financing, Labrador leads the investment. Reported in the RedHerring.com
Dealflow Digest, Private Equity Week and Tech Finance News.
- "Web testing tools gain mind share," story announcing the
release of Atesto's Functional Testing Tool in eWeek
on March 5, 2001.
- ezboard launches new revenue model allowing users to support their
communities and receive enhanced services, story appeared in Venture
Wire on Thursday, March 8. The press release also appeared on Yahoo,
MSNBC Industry Scan, Office.com, Hoover's Online, Go.com, Business 2.0,
Monster Industry News, AllBusiness and CyberCorp. ezboard has grown
to over 3 million users and 350 million page view per month, ranking
in the top 30 web sites based on traffic.
- Atesto Technologies was selected by PC
Magazine to test its list of the top 100 web sites using two of
Atesto's monitoring solutions: Automated Load test to simulate traffic
loads across different cities at different times of day and Site Response
Watch to track DNS (Domain Name Service) lookup time, download time,
download size, and other metrics.
- Everyone.net was ranked in the Top 10 User Friendly B-to-B sites by
WebCriteria via Business 2.0.
- Avienda Technologies announced that it has changed its name to Silverpop
Systems, Inc. to better reflect the sleekness of the Company's advanced
- iSyndicate announced that
it has entered into an agreement to acquire Kurion, subject to customary
closing conditions, to expand its' enterprise offerings to include creation,
distribution and exchange of web services.
- Labrador's Stuart Davidson is profiled in the San
Jose Mercury News on February 1.
- Yube was selected to present to venture capital investors at the Investors
Choice West Equity Capital Conference in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- iSyndicate's Chairman, President & CEO, Joel Maske was a keynote
speaker at the Milia
2001 Conference, the leading international event for professionals
involved in the creation and distribution of interactive content.
- "Bizfinity Raising Another $15 Million in C Round," story
in VentureWire on January 31,
- Everyone.net was ranked among AOL, Microsoft, Sun and Adobe as one
of the "Top 5 Development Sites" in PC Magazine.
- Yube was selected from among 400 early stage companies to present
to angel and venture capital investors at the January 29-30 Golden
State Venture Capital Conference.
- Labrador's Sean Foote spoke on a Venture Capitalist Perspective Panel:
"What's Hot Right Now And Why" at the Golden State Venture
Capital Conference on January 29.
- iSyndicate Europe acquired the French-Spanish content syndication
company nFactory S.A. on January 25, 2001. This acquisition positions
iSyndicate Europe as the leader in the pan-European content syndication
- Labrador's Sean Foote wrote a case study with the faculty of the University
of Virginia's Darden School of Business. The case involved students
reviewing a set of business plans for potential venture capital funding.
- Labrador's Sean Foote taught a class at the University of Michigan
Business School on writing a business plan, growing a business, getting
funded, interpreting funding, the future of entrepreunerialism, venture
capital investing and the job market for venture capitalists.
- "Prospects Look to Net, Hoping to Get a Look" story on college
sports recruiting over the internet mentioning Leveledge on January
18th in the New York Times.
- Labrador's Larry Kubal led a seminar on "The 10 Things to Think
About Before Writing a Business Plan" at the UC Davis Business
Plan Competition on January 17th.
- "Labrador Ventures Seeks Next Generation Technology Investments"
story in January 15, 2001 isuue of Tech
- Taraneh Derak, CEO of Yube, discusses the challenges facing Yube with
Wall Street Reporter.Com.
What's New Archive 2008
What's New Archive 2007
What's New Archive 2006
What's New Archive 2005
What's New Archive 2004
What's New Archive 2003
What's New Archive 2002
What's New Archive 2000
What's New Archive 1999